Thursday, January 9, 2014

Football "blanket"

I can't believe it's been a year since I posted anything on this blog!  This past year I have not done as much sewing and quilting as I would have liked.  We have really been using our spare time on riding our trike as much as we can.  Life's too short not to enjoy that as long as we can and my husband and I do like riding the motorcycle.

Anyway one my nieces is expecting her second child, a little boy in about two months and she saw this posted on the internet and asked if I would make it for her.  She actually asked me in October, and I told her it'd have to wait until after Christmas which was fine with her.  It took no time at all, as it is not quilted, just so soft with that "minky fabric".  They are big Oklahoma University fans so she wanted the OU fabric on the back.  I am a fan of Oklahoma STATE, and my Bernina was a little reluctant to sew on that OU fabric, but we made it!
I had some fabric left so I made a little tag along blankie to match.  It has all different ribbons, color wise and texture wise to supposedly stimulate the baby.  It turned out pretty good.  A very fun and quick project for  "Buster" (no name yet)!

11 comments: