Thursday, February 2, 2012

IPAD 2 Quilted Case



My IPAD has a nice cover I received as a gift, but I felt like I needed to completely cover it, in case I dropped it and also just so it wouldn't be so "exposed" when not being used.

So I did a little research on what was out there and decided I could make one much cheaper than buying one.  (ya think??!!)  In my stash I had some quilted fabric that I had  leftover from another project and thought why not.  The work was half done for me.

This one was done in 30 minutes or less! That includes figuring out what I was going to do.



I cut the fabric into a rectangle 9 1/2" x 25" long. Turned down the short sides 1/4" and then turned down again about an inch or so and hemmed again.  (Use your ipad to measure exactly by folding fabric in half and adjusting the depth of case.)

Put right sides together and sew outer edges. Turn inside out.  Sew a button on the front and add an elastic hoop sewn on the inside of the back of the case that pulls over to the button keeping the ipad from falling out!  DONE!


   

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I really need to make one for my Kindle - right now it's protected by the sheet of sticky plastic that came with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IPad cover...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need something to hold my stylus. It won't fit inside. I'm visualizing something that slips through & sits snugly on the spine. It would have to have a fold over flap to keep it inside. There's your next project!,

    ReplyDelete