Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pursenality!

I have been attending "Bernina Club" at my LQS and learning a lot!  They always have a project for us to do for the following month and this is the latest item.  It's a cute little purse that will be perfect for Easter gifts for my granddaughters.  That means I have to make two MORE.

The next ones will be a little different.  I learned that I need to use a darker thread for my decorative stitches if I want them to show up.  I kind of like the subtle look though on this one.  The #10 foot is fantastic for sewing on the ribbons.  I'm really liking that foot a lot.  What was such fun though, was the bobbin work.  I had never done that before and it was quite easy.  I do have an extra bobbin case for this.  Experts say you need to dedicate a case just for this work because you have to adjust the tension on the case for the different threads, ribbons, etc. used in the case.  On this purse I used the #5 perle cotton thread.  I want to try the 4mm silk ribbon on one of the next ones.

 
This is the other side of the purse.  I embroidered a sweet little butterfly on it.  I'm loving my Bernina and this was a fun project!

1 comment: