Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Heirloom" Table Runner

Okay, this will probably NOT be an heirloom, as this was my first attempt, but it was fun.  I can already tell I need to press better and use a little more "Best Press".  (If you click on the photo, you can see stitching better.)

The center was a ladder stitch used with a wing needle.  The next was decorative stitches and finished with pin tucks.  I then machine embroidered the flowers at the ends.

I used black lingerie thread on the linen table runner.  This was done for the Bernina Club and a friend of mine used the black table runner also.  She chose to use some colored thread.  I'm anxious to see how different that looks and also her design!  I always learn from what other people have chosen to do.  I guess that's what classes are all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment