Sunday, June 12, 2011

Easiest lint brush YOU can make in a flash!

Today I made the "neatest" (that's not an in word, I know), "coolest", (okay, I'm still not there) LINT BRUSH, but suffice to say it is pretty darn "nifty"!

It is a lint brush to clean the bobbin area on your sewing machine!  Okay, I know I have one that came with my machine and I also have a "big"fuzzy one I use quite frequently.  But this one is made with things you probably have in your home if you're a grandma or mother and you make it in SECONDS.  AND, you can make multiple ones at a time and if they get lost--no big deal.

All you need is a pipe cleaner and a straw.


Fold the straw in half and poke both ends into the straw.

You are done.  How great is that!!!
BEFORE


AFTER


I always clean the area when I change bobbins. But with this handy, I'll be doing it a lot more often! The straw is long enough you can manipulate it very easily. I forgot to tell you that the straw I used was a thin one and it worked perfectly. I expect if you had a bigger holed straw you could just double again and it should work.


Now I CANNOT take credit for this. Cheryl over at naptimequilter.blogspot.com
had posted this on her blog. She gave me permission to tell you about it. Hop on over and check her site out. Thanks for sharing, Cheryl!




4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely wonderful idea!!! I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nifty idea!

    Alas, although I am both a mother and a grandmother, I have no pipe cleaners; DD is too old for such crafts and GS#1 is too young! Must add them to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that wonderful tip.
    Will make myself one.

    ReplyDelete