Saturday, November 7, 2009

Scrap Therapy


Recently I attended a class of "Scrap Therapy".  I won this class at the Ultimate Embroider Seminar I attended a while back.  I was planning on taking the class with a friend earlier and we had to postpone, so it worked out well.  I got to go free--always love that.  Of course, it cost me anyway I had to have some patterns.

Basically, the idea is to get your fabric scraps cut into workable sizes.  Then they have patterns (if you need them) that use the 5", 3 1/2" and 2" squares.  Once you have the squares cut, you just grab the plastic shoebox which they give you with the  class and start sewing.  Someone once told me that those scraps are still just as expensive as when you first bought them in bigger yardage.  USE THEM UP!!

We also got to use the quilt store's AccuQuilt cutting machine too. Wow!  You can cut 10 layers of fabric and the 5" cutter has 8 squares.  That's 80 squares a cut!  That's the way to go if you have many blocks to cut and so accurate.  The quilt store lets you rent the machine if you want and I plan on doing it.  Much  cheaper than buying the machine.  lol

The time you'll save using this machine will get you sewing so much quicker. What do you think our grandmothers would think??  I like to think they'd love it.  Scrappy quilts here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment