Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun and Done Runner DONE!

Since Oklahoma is having a blizzard today, it's great for sewing!

I finished my table runner.  The colors remind of a winter day--with little icicles in the fabric.  Really I think they're suppose to be tree branches, but today they're icy tree branches.

Nita and Linda have finished theirs too.  I need to get some pics of theirs.  We had a great time when we sewed together.  The great thing about this pattern is that the quilting is done as you go--FUN and DONE!

Back to the weather situation.  This may end up being a record breaking snowfall.  What is really making it bad is that the wind is blowing so ferociously.  Everyone knew this was coming.  Our Governor declared a state of emergency yesterday.  Most all Oklahoma schools are closed and many small businesses are shut down too.  Everyone is encouraged to stay home and off the roads.

This is our backyard.  You can see the drifts are probably four feet high in some places.  The rain gauge and bird bath are almost covered up with snow.  Brrrrr......

The department of transportation cannot keep up with the cleaning of the roads, as the wind comes right behind them and blows it back.  People cannot get on or off the exits as they are being blocked.  Thank goodness the snow is just about over, but they say the winds will continue and the temperatures are suppose to be brutal for the next few days.

I'll be staying in.  And the best thing, I am ready to start a new project.  Which one??

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! I love the look of it. You are right they look like icicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much "winter weather" got dumped you... stay inside and stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete