Sunday, August 8, 2010

On Point Table Runner

This table runner had a lot of "firsts" in it for me!  To begin with, 5" charms were laid out on a fusible webbing of 1" squares that were on point.  Strips of 7/8" were put in between the charms.  You fuse them down and fold over and begin sewing 1/4" seams.  The pattern is called Point Setta.  "SEW" easy!

The bias stems were added with a machine blindstitch.  I  appliqued the flowers down and then applied the tendrils with my new  #43, free motion couching foot.  Now that was an experience.  I practiced and practiced and then tried some on the runner and ripped it out several times.  Finally, I settled for what you see.  It's pretty cool and works great, I just don't know how tendrils wind around naturally!

Three-D leaves were supposed to be added along the vines and it definitely needs them.  Either that or I should have made the vines shorter.  I used my great embroidery attachment to do the quilting.  You can't see it but there are feathers quilted on it.  As soon as I can learn to hoop the sandwich easier, I will be so much happier, because I love the end result!!

This is not my favorite piece, but I did learn how to do some new things and I do love doing new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment