Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Misty, yucky day--so it's a BAKING DAY!


Today it is just one of those days, not raining, just misting and chilly--enough so you don't want to do anything. So it's time to go to the kitchen and bake.

I decided to do pumpkin bread. It just makes the house smell so good and it IS good.

The recipe is one given to me in 1966 (I know, I'm so old) by a co-worker in the office where I was working. She was a fantastic baker and shared all her terrific recipes. It's very easy and quick.

PUMPKIN BREAD

3 cups sugar
1 cup salad oil
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin or one can
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
chopped pecans, optional (But who wouldn't want them)

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until done.
Makes 4 medium loaves.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog....Love It.....thanks for the recipe......come visit my blog when you can.
    Prayers, Bo

    ReplyDelete