Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Look!

Thanks to my computer whiz daughter, I have a new header design and I love it! She found just the right look with the quilt/fabric and the hearts that look like cookies. And pink and brown is my favorite color combination right now. Thanks so much Julie!

Today was another wet, lazy day in Oklahoma. It seemed like a day for a casserole and since I had turkey leftovers, I made turkey tetrazzinni. It was a new recipe and really good. Here it is:

Turkey Tetrazzini

6 slices cooked turkey (1 pound) (I chopped mine)
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup oleo
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. sherry
1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, undrained
1 pkg (7 oz) spaghetti, cooked, drained

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook and stir onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour and seasonings. Remove from heat. Gradually add milk. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Add 2/3 cup of cheese. Add sherry and mushrooms to cheese sauce. Place layer of spaghetti in 12 x 8 inch baking dish. Cover with layer of turkey and layer of sauce. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese over top. Bake 25 minutes. Yummy! Add a salad and some hot bread and you're set for a great meal!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like it Mom! I like the pink background too! I need to see if this recipe is in the cookbook you gave me, if not I'm saving it off. Yum!! :)

    It's still raining down here in Dallas too! :( Jake's baseball game tonight was canceled. Hopefully it will dry out by the next one - Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I changed the background again. I loved the pink, but it was a little much. It may change at my every whim!

    ReplyDelete