Monday, September 28, 2009

Volunteering!

Every Monday morning I volunteer at "Operation Blessing". This is the local store that anyone can come and choose whatever they need at no charge whatsoever. The local citizens donate whatever they don't need and let me tell you we get just about everything donated!

The building is only open three times a month for "shopping" but if there is a need can be opened at any time. The volunteers are there everyday taking donations, going through them and putting them in their respective departments. Hard work, but I enjoy the people that work there and it gets me out of the house! LOL But, also, when I was a child, times were tough for our family and we were recipients of charity. I think we all should give back a little if we are able to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment